Property Policies and Rules for Cabin Rental & Event Guests
We look forward to having you as our guest. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our Policies Page. Receipt of your deposit acts as your acceptance and understanding of Wellness:té Lodge & Nature Sanctuary’s Policies.
PAYMENT Cash, Traveler’s Check, Money Order and Credit Cards via PayPal (see the "RESERVE NOW" buttons below next to the cabin you are interested in) are all accepted. Personal checks are accepted for advance deposits only.
RESERVATIONS & DEPOSITS
- Reservations require a 50% deposit (Deposit is credited to balance due).
- We only rent to adult guests that represent themselves to be 21 years of age or older, their families and/or companions. No teen or college groups are allowed unless they are part of a university sponsored program and accompanied by adult university faculty.
VISITORS & ADDITIONAL GUESTS
- We are a small privately owned property and therefore we do have limitations on the volume and amount of visitors that you invite. Please respect the fact that there are no large parties allowed without prior approval. Also, guests are responsible for informing the Innkeeper if you are expecting additional visitors or guests during your stay.
- We have several friendly "rescue" dogs who live on the property. Please feel free to interact with them as you're comfortable. We welcome other friendly dogs and animals, and we ask that you follow these simple rules when you stay with us:
- There is a $15 charge, per pet per night or $50 a week.
- Each pet must be up to date on their vaccinations and rabies vaccinations.
- If your pet does not get along with other pets or chickens, they must be on a leash when not in your cabin.
- Please make sure you do “poop patrol” when nature calls.
- Any damage caused by pets are the responsibility of the Renter of Record.
- Our full-time Innkeeper and Caretaker live on the property. Daily housekeeping is available for a nominal $25 per day charge. Please advise our staff if you wish to have daily housekeeping during your stay. Guests staying longer than 7 nights will receive fresh linens mid-stay along with a touch up cleaning.
- Cabins are equipped with an ample supply of linens, dinnerware, tableware, glassware, cookware, and cooking utensils.
- Check-in is from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Guests are responsible for letting us know by no later than 6 p.m. the day they are expected to arrive to request a late night check-in so that the innkeeper may make special arrangements.
- Check out is anytime between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Guests who plan to check out before 8 a.m. should let the innkeeper know in advance. Late check-out may be available, but must be requested ahead of time for housekeeping purposes. • We regret that we cannot offer early check-in to our heavily booked schedule. The intervening time is necessary to properly prepare and clean each cabin for our next guests.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- Cancellations are accepted up to thirty (30) days prior to scheduled arrival, minus a $50.00 processing fee.
- Cancellations made less than fourteen (14) days prior to scheduled arrival, guests will be charged the full rental amount.
- All cancellations must be sent in writing via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All cancellations will receive a confirmation email, if you do not receive this email please notify us immediately. Our confirmation of cancellation is your release of liability for the cost of rental.
- All no shows will be fully charged in accordance with the rate quoted in the confirmation booking email. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- In the event you would like to change the reservation, either at or before 30 days, the entire deposit can be applied to a future booking with us based on availability.
- Also in the event a 30 day notice is not possible, we will do our best to rent the cabin for the entire cancellation period at greater or equal value to the prior booking. If we are able to rent the cabin, we will refund your deposit less the $50.00 processing fee.
- Please keep in mind that our part of the country sometimes experiences extreme weather conditions, such as heavy snow & ice. Allow for plenty of travel time as poor weather conditions do not constitute reasons for cancellations or no shows.
- We do reserve the right to substitute cabins for any reservation in the event cabin access is not possible for any reason. No refunds or discounts will be granted in the event of cabin substitutions. Every attempt will be made to correct access to cabins if such events as fallen trees or other temporary inconveniences occur, but no refunds are given unless overnight occupancy is not provided.
- No refunds are given after arrival or in the event of an early departure.
** Cabin Rental Policies and Agreement **
Please read this information before signing your cabin rental agreement (“Rental Agreement”). The person making the reservation (“Renter of Record”) must be one of the guests who will occupy the rental property through the rental period. The Renter of Record must sign this Rental Agreement and put a credit card on file for a security deposit for any damage that may be incurred during your stay. Please note that the Renter of Record must be at least 21 years of age.
Important: as the Renter of Record, you are responsible for following and familiarizing yourself with the attached policies, and ensuring that all others in your group abide by them for the duration of your stay.
Indemnity Clause: The registered Renter of Record agrees to indemnify Wellnesste Lodge and its owners of any damages to the premises which result from the renter’s occupancy (including furnishings and household items). The Renter of Record is the person who will be charged for any damages his/her group causes to the property in any form. Wellnesste Lodge and its owners will not be held responsible for accidents or injury to guests or for loss of money or valuables of any kind. The Renter of Record assumes full responsibility for any and all damage that his/her group cause, excessive cleaning charges for problems caused by his group, or for any items found to be missing after his/her group’s visit. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests of the Renter of Record are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the property or others whom they invite to use the property.
Check in: Check-in is from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. One day prior to your arrival, we ask that you contact us via email or phone and let us know your estimated time of arrival. Guests are responsible for letting us know by no later than 6 p.m. the day they are expected to arrive to request a late night check-in so that the innkeeper may make special arrangements.
Check out Policies: Check out is anytime between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Guests who plan to check out before 9 a.m. should let the innkeeper know in advance. We regret that we cannot offer early check-in or late check-out due to our heavily booked schedule. The intervening time is necessary to properly prepare and clean each cabin for our next guests.
- No refunds will be given for early departures. Please speak to the Innkeeper if you must leave early for any reason.
- Please leave your cabin in a neat and clean manner like you found it. If your cabin is left dirty, you will charged an additional cleaning fee of $90.
- Cleaning supplies are kept under the counters in each cabin.
- Please remove your garbage and recycling and put them into the containers on the back side of the garage. Red containers are for recycling.
- Please return your cabin keys to the Innkeeper and DO NOT lock the cabin when you leave. There is a $25 charge if you fail to return your cabin keys.
- Before leaving, please see the Innkeeper to settle your bill including Taxes, Nature Sanctuary Fee, Firewood and Rental Balance. We accept cash, check or credit cards via PayPal for payment.
Taxes: Taxes are a total of 10.75% which includes an 8.75% sales tax and a 2.0% occupancy tax.
Occupancy Fees: We are a privately owned property therefore; we do have limitations on the volume and amount of day visitors that you invite. No large parties allowed without prior approval. You must inform the Innkeeper if you are expecting additional visitors or guests during your stay. Additional guests over the age of 5 are $20/guest/night.
Firewood Fees: We do not allow guests to bring firewood onto the property due to pest and disease control. Firewood is available for your use in the woodshed. Each bundle of wood is $7. We are on the honor system so please keep track of how much you use and we’ll add it to your check out bill. If you need assistance in starting a campfire, please ask. There are designated campfire areas around the property.
Parking: Please park your vehicle in the guest parking area next to the Adirondack Cabin or at the top of the hill. If guest parking by the Adirondack Cabin is full, please park at the top of the hill.
Quiet Hours: Quiet hours are from 10:00pm to 8:00am. Please respect all property guests and refrain from any loud noises during this time.
Heat and Electricity: If you leave your cabin for an outing please remember to turn off the lights and turn down the heat while you’re gone to conserve energy. Energy conservation is very important in helping to control Climate Change.
Three Season Room: During May thru Oct our three car garage is transformed into a seasonal screened room which offers additional seating, play area, pool table, BBQ and Picnic space to relax. This space is available to all of our guests to use and enjoy and is often the place where new friendships are forged. If you use this area, please clean up after yourself once you’re done. Open 10am to 10pm.
Grill Area: We have a gas fired grill for communal use. The grill is located in the 3 season room May-Oct. During other times of the year, if you wish to use the grill, please ask the Innkeepers as it is stored in the garage. Use of the grill is at your own risk.
Smoking: Smoking is not allowed in any buildings. For guests who do not follow these rules, a $250 cleaning fee will be charged to your credit card for removal of smoke related odors and you may be asked to leave the property. Smoking outdoors is permitted, but we kindly ask that you properly dispose of any refuse. We are a “litter free” estate and ask that you help us to keep it that way.
No Glass Outdoors: No glass containers of any kind are permitted outside the Cabins and Three Season Room. This is to prevent the possibility of accidental glass breaking and causing a hazard to all visitors, pets and wildlife. Only plastic and canned containers outside please.
Alcohol: The consumption of alcohol by those of legal drinking age is permitted. We expect all guests to drink responsibly and to refrain from violating any of the rules laid out in this Rental Agreement. Please respect the quite hours and “no glass” policy previously stated.
Outdoor Food: Because most of the property is a nature sanctuary for wildlife such as coyotes, raccoons, possums, squirrels, skunks, chipmunks, deer, etc. we ask that you DO NOT leave food outside your cabin for any length of time, particularly at night. If you see any wild animals, please don’t feed them!
Furniture: If you move any furniture outdoors or indoors during your stay, kindly replace those items back to where they were originally found prior to your departure.
Water Jugs: For Thoreau’s and Leopold’s Cabins we are happy to provide you additional water at no cost for drinking, cooking and doing dishes if you need it. Please just ask the Innkeepers.
Activities: Many outdoor activities such as fishing, swimming, and tubing are available in the area. All are at your own risk. Children MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times while outside. Please, be cautious around the water.
Linens: We provide linens for the standard occupancy of each cabin. If you need any extra blankets, etc. please ask. The linens in each cabin are reviewed and inventoried prior to check-in and immediately at check-out. Replacement costs for missing and/or damaged linens will automatically be billed at replacement costs to your credit card.
Damages: Our cabins are privately owned and contain valuable furniture, appliances, equipment and amenities. All guests agree to immediately notify the Innkeeper at 315.336.5771 of any problems with or damages to the cabin or its contents. Renter of Record is responsible for any damages including replacement, repairing, cleaning, maintenance, accounting, and other staff time as well as the loss of subsequent income during the time of repair. The unit is inspected before each arrival and upon departure for any damages.
Maintenance & Utilities: We make every effort to maintain all our equipment at the cabins, including but not limited to electricity, water, appliances, etc. In the event of this equipment breaking down, we will make every effort to repair it in a timely manner, but we are unable to issue any kind of refund. Thank you for your understanding.
Right of Entry: Wellnesste reserves the right to enter your cabin during your occupancy for repairs, maintenance or to check on any safety concerns. We will keep entry to an absolute minimum and will knock and announce our presence before entering.
Illegal Items: Use of illegal drugs, illegal fireworks, and underage drinking is strictly prohibited. Any evidence of the above will result in immediate eviction with no money refunded. In addition, these activities may be documented and turned over to the police.
Illegal Behavior: Engaging in any type of criminal behavior is strictly prohibited. As stated above, in the event of any such activity, the local authorities will be called and there will be no refund issued.
Firearms: Firearms are NOT allowed on the property. This includes bb guns, air guns, etc.
Gift Certificate Policies
We've found over the years that many of our guests end up asking about Gift Certificates for friends and family because they've enjoyed their stay so much. Gift certificates are offered for special occasions, holidays, anniversaries, etc. If you are interested in a Gift Certificate for someone special, please contact our staff or phone 315.336.5771.
These terms and conditions are applied to all Wellnesste Lodge gift certificates.
1. Billing and Payment Methods All Gift Certificate transactions are processed in US dollars ($/USD) and all Gift Certificates are issued in US dollars. Our shipping and handling charge includes a $3.50 customization surcharge. This includes production and personalization of your Wellnesste Lodge Gift Certificate order.
2. Shipping and Delivery As a "green business", all Gift Certificates are produced and sent as a PDF via email. Gift Certificate orders are shipped Monday through Friday (with the exception of holidays on which Wellnesste Lodge is closed). Gift Certificate orders are not processed on weekends or holidays. Gift Certificate orders received after 3:00 p.m. ET are typically fulfilled the next business day.
3. Return Policy All gift certificate purchases are final and are non-refundable. We are unable to process returns or reimburse any payment transactions related to Gift Certificates.
4. Redemption Wellnesste Lodge Gift Certificates are for a single use only. Original Certificate must be surrendered at time of use. Certificate cannot be reproduced; any attempted reproduction will render the certificate void. The risk of loss and title for Wellnesste Lodge Gift Certificates pass to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission to the purchaser, recipient or delivery to the carrier, whichever is applicable. We are not responsible if a Wellnesste Lodge Gift Certificate is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission. Wellnesste Lodge Gift Certificates cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account, except to the extent required by law. Unused Gift Certificate balances may not be transferred.
5. Fraud. Wellnesste Lodge will have the right to close customer accounts and bill alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift Certificate is redeemed and/or used to make purchases at Wellnesste Lodge.
Thank you once again for choosing Wellness:té Lodge!